Football Summer Camps
With many colleges starting up camps in the next couple weeks it is important to go into it with an idea of what to expect. Whether it’s single day coaching clinics, combine-style camps or several days of player development, always see your camp as an opportunity to improve and connect with coaches.
Here are some Do’s and Don’ts when it comes to attending a camp this summer:
- Reach out to the coaches before the camp and let them know that you will be attending.
- Take it seriously and give 100%…Run in between drills, volunteer to go first, etc.
- Be confident and disciplined. Look at coaches in the eye when they are talking to you.
- Be respectful. Make sure you are not talking when the coaches are talking or demonstrating drills.
- Get a good night’s sleep and a solid breakfast. Make sure you are hydrated
- Take it seriously!!!!!
- Be coachable
- Enjoy the experience and have fun
- Do not go if you are injured or are recovering from an injury and are not 100%
- Do not argue with the coaches
- Do not take lightly the testing, training, and position drills
- Do not go into it expecting to walk away with an offer
Source: NCSA Sports Coach